Senior Demand Planner/Senior Forecast Analyst
This is an excellent opportunity to join our organization during an exciting time of development and change! You will have the chance to really make your mark and see the benefits of your influence in our improved processes and performance.
In this role you will be responsible for developing, approving and accurately assessing product demand. You will partner with Sales, Supply Chain, Product Development, and Finance to deliver accurate forecasts. You will help to implement and maintain a collaborative forecasting approach to help ensure product availability and minimize inventory exposure.
- Develop volumetric and financial demand forecasts at SKU and aggregate level.
- Manage monthly S&OP for assigned categories / accounts.
• Drive the demand review meetings.
• Develop baseline forecast, based on historical sales trends and demand drivers.
• Understand and validate potential factors increasing or decreasing the forecast.
• Facilitate the completion of a consensus forecast.
- Perform analysis of the forecast, including variance analysis of actual versus forecast for price metrics, as well as volume and rate/mix analyses to determine the root cause of forecast variances.
- Develop and publicize forecast metrics and reports.
- Analysis of customer inventory levels. Make data based recommendations in support of profitable inventory turn or corrective action plans.
- Process co-managed orders customer’s system.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with account replenishment managers / buyers and internal partners (Sales, Customer Service, and Logistics).
- Provide comprehensive concise reporting of service levels, lost sales, correction of errors, and coordination of events impacting the business team.
Qualifications / Skills:
- College degree, MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of forecasting / demand planning experience, preferably in a CPG company.
- Comprehensive understanding of the best practices within the forecasting industry.
- Experience in collaborative forecasting with accounts.
- Ability to influence consensus through effective communication.
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking skills required to analyze and interpret large volumes of data for developing fact-based business assumptions.
- Ability to direct prompt constructive action based on forecast deviations.
- Flexibility in initiating creative solutions to unforeseen challenges.
- Experience utilizing demand planning software solutions as well as spreadsheet/applications for creating forecasting models and statistical analyses.
- Retail system exposure (Wal-Mart Retail Link, Target Partners On-Line) is a major plus.