Partnership Marketing and Product Coordinator - Pickleball
Franklin Sports, Inc. is a leading global sporting goods brand with an extremely rich history and reputation within the industry. Over the years, Franklin Sports has maintained several strong relationships with major brands such as Major League Baseball, NHL, NFL and Major League Soccer that bring energy, strength, and uniqueness of our products. We understand consumer needs and offer the strongest value by manufacturing products to all levels of sports participants from some of the most well-known professional baseball players to those who are active in the youth sports community. We got our start in 1946 and Franklin Sports is still a family owned and operated company to this day.
We are looking to hire a Partnership Marketing and Product Coordinator to support our Pickleball category which is a rapidly growing product line within Franklin Sports. The incumbent will primarily be assisting the Director of Strategic Partnerships & Marketing and the Senior Product Manager in their responsibilities as it pertains to the sport of Pickleball. The ideal candidate will have experience in on-site event activation, grassroots marketing, sponsorship activation, product development and product launching preferably in the sports or consumer products industry. This candidate should also be extremely detail oriented, very personable, a team player and ideally have a close knowledge of the sport of Pickleball.
Provide administrative support for all Product Management responsibilities, including:
- - Support the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Senior Product Manager in all aspects of marketing responsibilities and Pickleball product line development.
- - Help organize/attend/execute all event activation at TBD pickleball tournaments and clinics throughout the calendar year
- - Service existing and help develop new partnership agreements with Pickleball tournament directors, players, venues and governing bodies
- - Maintain an annual budget and schedule of events/activations while being the day-to-day contact on all Pickleball inquiries
- - Ensure all databases are maintained
- - Coordinate internally with other departments to ensure marketing deliverables are created and delivered in accordance to deadlines (advertising, signage, apparel, product)
- - Organize and distribute sample inventory
- - Routinely monitor the market and product offering to ensure a comprehensive line
- - Assist with the execution of marketing assets and strategies
- - Administrative support for sales presentations (i.e. provide samples of products and packaging to sales force, put together presentations, …)
- - Ensure that maintained sample inventory is categorized and stored properly
- - Assist with the creation of catalogs and printed material in support of annual Pickleball line launches
- - Other projects as assigned
Education and/or experience:
- - Bachelor’s degree required
- - Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, event/sponsorship activation and/or product management/support, ideally in a consumer product and/or sports industry
Skills and Abilities:
- - Must be highly organized, motivated and task oriented
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Advanced computer user skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, & Web based systems)
- - Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between daily, weekly, monthly demands
- - Entrepreneurial mentality and eagerness to grow within the company
- - Ability to work well under pressure and able to work cross functionally with all levels in the organization
- - Ability and willingness to work occasionally in the sample warehouse environment
- - Interest in sports a plus
- - Willingness to travel up to 30% of the calendar year
- - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand; use hands or fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear, climb ladders occasionally, stand, and bend, occasionally lifting boxes of ~ 20 pounds.
- - The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Join the #FranklinFamily